Legal Advice Clinics
Legal Aid Society and the Volunteer Lawyers Program
Need FREE advice from a lawyer on the spot? Come to one of our clinics. They are open to people with low income who have a legal problem. But we can’t help with criminal problems.
The Legal Aid Society and the Volunteer Lawyers Program provide a place for you to go to talk with a lawyer at least once a week. The lawyer will provide advice to you about your problem. The help is free. But we can’t help with criminal cases. You don’t need an appointment unless it says you must call.
Have papers about your legal problems? Bring them. Someone will ask you about your legal problem. They will also ask about your income. But you don’t have to have a certain income to get advice. Then you will meet with a lawyer. How many people can talk to a lawyer depends on how many lawyers come AND how many people come.The address for each clinic is after the box with the clinic dates.
27 Murfreesboro Clinic at Greenhouse
1 Debt Clinic **
2 Tullahoma Lincoln County Clinic 1
1 Murfreesboro Clinic at Greenhouse
1 Debt Clinic**
For more information on any of the clinics, call 615-244-6610. Se habla español.
Addresses for the clinics
- *Operation Stand Down: You must call 615-248-1981 to schedule.
- ** Debt Clinic: You must call 615-244-6610 for eligibility screening. Leave your name and number to be called back.
- Oak Ridge Clinic, Legal Aid Society, 226B Broadway, Jackson Square, Oak Ridge, TN. Call 865-483 8454 or 1-800-483-8457 to let us know you are coming.
All other Clinics are walk-in clinics with no appointment. Anyone can come.
- Clínica Legal: 3:00 PM at Casa Azafran, 2195 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
- Columbia Clinic in Linden - 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. at the Perry County Senior Center, 112 South Mill St., Linden
- Columbia Clinic in Centerville - 11 a.m. to noon at the Hickman County Senior Center, 107 Armory St., #1, Centerville
- Columbia Clinic in Columbia - 9:30 to 11 a.m. at the Maury County Senior Center, 1020 Maury County Park Drive, Columbia
- Columbia Clinic in Mt. Pleasant - 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Mt. Pleasant Senior Center, 501 Gray Lane, Mt. Pleasant
- Columbia Clinic in Hohenwald - 10 a.m. to noon at the Lewis County Senior Center, 347 East Main St., Hohenwald
- Columbia Clinic in Pulaski - 10 a.m. to noon at the Giles County Senior Center, 100 Senior Citizens Drive, Pulaski
- Columbia Clinic in Lawrenceburg - 10 a.m. to noon at the Lawrence County Senior Center, 220 Centennial Ave., Lawrenceburg
- Gallatin Clinic in Lebanon - 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at Lebanon/Wilson County Chamber of Commerce, 149 Public Square, Lebanon
- Gallatin Clinic in Gallatin- 4:00 - 6:00 PM, 650 North Water Avenue, Gallatin, TN 37066
- Lebanon Clinic - 3 to 5 PM, Lebanon Chamber of Commerce, 149 Public Square, Lebanon
- McHugh Clinic: 9:00 A.M. at The Legal Aid Society, at 300 Deaderick Street, Nashville, TN 37201
- Murfreesboro Clinic at Greenhouse - 3:30 p.m. at Greenhouse Ministries, 309 South Spring St., Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Clinic at Higher Ground - 9 to 11 a.m. at Higher Ground Worship Center, 2424 Yearwood Ave., Murfreesboro
- Murfreesboro Clinic For First Responders ONLY: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at LaVergne Police Department, 5093 Murfreesboro Rd. LaVergne.
- Rutherford County Saturday Clinic - Higher Ground Worship Center Legal Clinic 9 to11 AM, 2424 Yearwood Avenue, Murfreesboro, TN
- Rutherford County Thursday Clinic - Greenhouse Ministries 4 PM – 6 PM, 309 South Spring Street, Murfreesboro TN
- Second Tuesday Clinic: 4:30 P.M. at The Legal Aid Society. 300 Deaderick Street,, Nashville, TN 37201
- Tullahoma Bedford County Clinic 1 - 9 a.m. – Bedford County Courthouse, 1 Public Square, Shelbyville
- Tullahoma Bedford County Clinic 2 - 10 a.m. - Bedford County Senior Citizens Center, 111 Jg Helton Dr., Shelbyville
- Tullahoma Coffee County Clinic - 10 a.m. - Coffee County Senior Citizens Center, 410 North Collins St., Tullahoma
- Tullahoma Franklin County Clnic 1 - 9:30 a.m. – Franklin County Judicial Center, 360 Wilton Circle, Winchester
- Tullahoma Franklin County Clinic 2 - 11:45 a.m. - Franklin County Senior Citizens Center, 74 Clover Dr., Winchester
- Tullahoma Grundy County Clinic - 9:30 a.m. – Grundy County Courthouse, 68 Cumberland Street, Altamont
- Tullahoma Lincoln County Clinic 1 - 9:30 a.m. – Lincoln County Courthouse, 112 Main Avenue South, Fayetteville
- Tullahoma Lincoln County Clinic 2 - 10 a.m. - Lincoln County Senior Citizens Center, 908 Washington St. West, Fayetteville
- Tullahoma Moore County Clinic 1 - 9:30 a.m. – Moore County Courthouse, 196 Main Street, Lynchburg
- Tullahoma Moore County Clinic 2 - 11 a.m. - Moore County Senior Citizens Center, 87 High St., Lynchburg
- Tullahoma Warren County Clinic - 9:30 a.m. – Warren County Courthouse, 111 South Court Square, McMinnville
- Williamson County Clinic: 4:30 P.M. at Williamson County Public Library, 1314 Columbia Avenue, Franklin, TN 37064
Here are some other places that you can get legal help
aLEGALz - Free help to find resources to deal with civil legal issues for those who cannot afford a lawyer. Call 1-888-253-4259 and leave a message at any time.Calls are returned by a licensed Tennessee lawyer.
www.OnlineTNJustice.org - Free legal advice about civil problems for Tennessee residents with income less than 250% of poverty and minimum assets. You create a user name and password and post a legal question. A lawyer will respond through the website.
Nashville Bar Association/Dial-A-Lawyer - Free legal advice by telephone from volunteer lawyers on the first Tuesday each month between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Call 615-242-9272
Davidson County Public Defender - Free Legal help for poor defendants who are in jail, charged with a crime and are unable to make bond, or other defendants by court order. The office is at 404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 2022, Nashville TN. To apply for help or for more information call 615-862-5730
ACLU-TN - Help to address civil liberties and civil rights matters arising in the state of Tennessee with information, self help information, referrals and limited representation in lawsuits Complete the on-line form at www.aclu-tn.org to apply.
Disability Law and Advocacy Center of Tennessee (DLAC) - Free legal help for Tennesseans with disabilities in certain types of cases.To apply for help or for more information call 1-800-342-1660.
Southern Migrant Legal Services in Nashville - Free legal services to migrant and seasonal farm workers in Tennessee. To apply for help or for more information call 866-721-7828.
Tennessee Fair Housing Council - Help to address housing discrimination, provides education and advocacy on housing discrimination, and takes complaints, with some legal help to negotiate disability-related accommodations with landlords, and filing administrative complaints or lawsuits. To apply for help or for more information call 615-874-2344.
Tennessee Justice Center - Legal help for families in need, focusing on policy issues and civil cases in which basic necessities are at stake. To apply for help or for more information call 615-255-0331.
Tennessee Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts - Legal help for low-income artists of all disciplines, as well as legal and business assistance to emerging nonprofit arts organizations. To apply for help or for more information call 615-743-3055 or go to vlpa@ABCnashville.org
Vanderbilt Legal Clinic - Free legal help in special education; victims of domestic violence needing help obtaining orders of protection or with custody issues for unmarried persons; intellectual property issues.To apply for help or for more information call 615-322-6562.
Workers’ Dignity Project (WDP)/Dignidad Obrera - Legal help for low-wage workers to recover wages and improve workplace conditions. To apply for help or for more information call 615-601-2820 or go to email@example.com.