Legal Advice Clinics
Legal Aid Society and Nashville Pro Bono Program
Need FREE advice from a lawyer on the spot? Come to one of our clinics. They are open to people with low income who have a legal problem. But we can’t help with criminal problems.
The Legal Aid Society and Nashville Pro Bono Program provide a place for you to go to talk with a lawyer at least once a week. The lawyer will provide advice to you about your problem. The help is free. But we can’t help with criminal cases. You don’t need an appointment unless it says you must call.
Have papers about your legal problems? Bring them. Someone will ask you about your legal problem. They will also ask about your income. But you don’t have to have a certain income to get advice. Then you will meet with a lawyer. How many people can talk to a lawyer depends on how many lawyers come AND how many people come.The address for each clinic is after the box with the clinic dates.
5 Debt Clinic **
4 Debt Clinic **
2 Gallatin Clinic
2 Debt Clinic**
2 Rutherford County Thursday Clinic
Addresses for the clinics
1. *Operation Stand Down: You must call 615-248-1981 to schedule.
2. ** Debt Clinic: You must call 615-244-6610 for eligibility screening. Leave your name and number to be called back.
All other Clinics are walk-in clinics with no appointment. Anyone can come.
3. Williamson County Clinic: 4:30 P.M. at Williamson County Public Library, 1314 Columbia Avenue, Franklin, TN 37064
4. Second Tuesday Clinic: 4:30 P.M. at The Legal Aid Society. 300 Deaderick Street,, Nashville, TN 37201
5. Clínica Legal: 3:00 PM at Casa Azafran, 2195 Nolensville Pike, Nashville, TN 37211
6. McHugh Clinic: 9:00 A.M. at The Legal Aid Society, at 300 Deaderick Street, Nashville, TN 37201
7. Oak Ridge Clinic, Legal Aid Society, 226B Broadway, Jackson Square, Oak Ridge, TN Please call 865-483 8454 or 1-800-483-8457 and let us know you are coming.
8. Rutherford County Saturday Clinic - Higher Ground Worship Center Legal Clinic 9 AM- 11 AM, 2424 Yearwood Avenue, Murfreesboro, TN
9. Rutherford County Thursday Clinic - Greenhouse Ministries 4 PM – 6 PM, 309 South Spring Street, Murfreesboro TN
10. Gallatin Clinic - Gallatin Shalom Zone, 600 Small Street in Gallatin
11. Lebanon Clinic - 3 to 5 PM, Lebanon Chamber of Commerce, 149 Public Square, Lebanon
For more information on any of the clinics, call 615-244-6610.
Here are some other places that you can get legal help
aLEGALz - Free help to find resources to deal with civil legal issues for those who cannot afford a lawyer. Call 1-888-253-4259 and leave a message at any time.Calls are returned by a licensed Tennessee lawyer.
www.OnlineTNJustice.org - Free legal advice about civil problems for Tennessee residents with income less than 250% of poverty and minimum assets. You create a user name and password and post a legal question. A lawyer will respond through the website.
Nashville Bar Association/Dial-A-Lawyer - Free legal advice by telephone from volunteer lawyers on the first Tuesday each month between 6:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Call 615-242-9272
Davidson County Public Defender - Free Legal help for poor defendants who are in jail, charged with a crime and are unable to make bond, or other defendants by court order. The office is at 404 James Robertson Parkway, Suite 2022, Nashville TN. To apply for help or for more information call 615-862-5730
ACLU-TN - Help to address civil liberties and civil rights matters arising in the state of Tennessee with information, self help information, referrals and limited representation in lawsuits Complete the on-line form at www.aclu-tn.org to apply.
Disability Law and Advocacy Center of Tennessee (DLAC) - Free legal help for Tennesseans with disabilities in certain types of cases.To apply for help or for more information call 1-800-342-1660.
Southern Migrant Legal Services in Nashville - Free legal services to migrant and seasonal farm workers in Tennessee. To apply for help or for more information call 866-721-7828.
Tennessee Fair Housing Council - Help to address housing discrimination, provides education and advocacy on housing discrimination, and takes complaints, with some legal help to negotiate disability-related accommodations with landlords, and filing administrative complaints or lawsuits. To apply for help or for more information call 615-874-2344.
Tennessee Justice Center - Legal help for families in need, focusing on policy issues and civil cases in which basic necessities are at stake. To apply for help or for more information call 615-255-0331.
Tennessee Volunteer Lawyers and Professionals for the Arts - Legal help for low-income artists of all disciplines, as well as legal and business assistance to emerging nonprofit arts organizations. To apply for help or for more information call 615-743-3055 or go to vlpa@ABCnashville.org
Vanderbilt Legal Clinic - Free legal help in special education; victims of domestic violence needing help obtaining orders of protection or with custody issues for unmarried persons; intellectual property issues.To apply for help or for more information call 615-322-6562.
Workers’ Dignity Project (WDP)/Dignidad Obrera - Legal help for low-wage workers to recover wages and improve workplace conditions. To apply for help or for more information call 615-601-2820 or go to firstname.lastname@example.org.