Tennessee Taxpayer Project
The Tennessee Taxpayer Project is a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic. It gives free legal help to people with tax problems.
In 2008 the Project obtained over $1,075,243 in federal income tax benefits for low-income families – many of whom were elderly, victims of domestic violence or immigrants.
- Answering tax questions
- Helping with IRS Audits or Exams
- Settling tax debts
- Stopping tax liens and levies
- Representing people in Tax Court (deficiency notices, etc.)
- Keeping you from paying all the back taxes owed by both you and your husband or wife (Innocent Spouse Relief)
- Getting back your part of the tax refund (Injured Spouse Claims)
- Appealing Earned Income Tax Credit turn downs
- Proving you are an employee, not an independent contractor
- Filing Appeals
To find out more or get an appointment, call 1-866-481-3669. It’s a free call.